Thursday, April 5, 2012

Agape Feast


Our church celebrates Easter with many traditions.... one of my favorites is the Agape Feast. It was held this evening and included over 100 people. It includes great traditions like a fantastic sit-down meal for everyone, prayers, music and foot washing.

I heard a couple things that brought a smile to my face.... so I thought I'd share them.

First, Dill was asking about the different things we do this weekend and told me he really liked the "Easter Visual" the best. It took me a minute to realize he meat the Easter Vigil... but it sure sounded adorable when he kept talking very seriously about all the things that happen during the Easter Visual.

The other thing was overheard while I was helping to pass out dinner. We were serving meat loaf, mashed potatoes and green beans. A little girl leaned over to her father and asked, "Are we having this because Jesus and the Apostles ate meat loaf for the last supper?" I did not get to hear his response. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment