Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Surf and Turf

When I was growing up every year over Labor Day Weekend my whole family went to our Aunt Sue and Uncle Jerry's house for the annual family clam bake. Before Aunt Sue held the clam bake my grandmother held it at her house and it has been a tradition since at least the 1940's (I am guessing from the pictures I have seen and the age of the cars in the background)

The event was held for a couple years at my mother's house after Aunt Sue moved out of their home, but in the last 10 years or so the tradition has died. This year, my sister L decided it was a tradition worth saving and she held a smaller version of the clam bake. At her house, there were no clams or chicken (as had been the traditional fare) instead she made a surf and turf. It was quite a meal!! My kids are still talking about it and want to know when we are going back. L and her husband did a great job with the crab legs and the steaks (I helped grill) then there was also a baked potato bar and broccoli and fantastic grown up drinks!!!

What a great time!



No comments:

Post a Comment