Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Morning Conversation...


While standing out waiting for Dill's bus this morning, he asked "Can you be artistic and still be good at Math, Reading and talking?"

Knowing Dill is very good at all three of those things and that his big brother has been doing lots of sketches for his art class lately, I thought he was asking me if I thought he was good at art too. I said, "Of course, you are very creative! I think you are great at Art!!"

He looked at me strangely and said, "There's a boy in my class that is really good at Math, he can read and he can talk... even though he sometimes uses the wrong words. My teacher says he is artistic anyway."

"Oh! You mean AUtistic!" I say, the dim light over my head getting a little brighter.

He looks at me frustrated as he heads out toward his waiting bus and says, "That's what I said Mom. How old are people when they can't hear correctly?"

No comments:

Post a Comment