Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Aligned Planets


Sometimes the planets are aligned just right. Everything is right with the universe. Sometimes that happens with my kids. It isn’t often, there are 4 of them and they are kids. But this week, right now…. Everything is right with my world. Ok, I am taking a huge risk in even discussing this. I was raised believing that you don’t mention things going right….. it was not done. I remember once I said to my Dad, “You know I don’t think you’ve had a flat tire in a long time.” He had one the next day.

But right now, amazing things are going on. Our youngest, Dill has always had us with him while he waits for the bus in the morning. We are going to start dropping him off early at a neighbor’s house and he was a bit nervous about it. He does not usually handle changes well so we were very happy that he is just taking the changes in stride.

Pete is an amazing guy. Our family met some friends while we were out and about the other day and Pete noticed that one of the kids was left out of the conversation. He walked around all the other kids and knelt down by her wheelchair and started talking to her like she was the only person in the world. He does that kind of stuff all the time. I love how he just knows how to be sweet without even trying.

Macy was selected as one of two kids in her school to go speak at the state capitol. She is also doing great at her job and really seems to be thriving in high school. Things weren’t always this way, so we are so happy that she is really turning things around and we can’t help but be so proud of her.

At home, Dori sometimes complains about how busy people keep her at church. She helps out with the nursery and with acolyting and she helps with verging. Sometimes she helps with two services in one day and I think she’d just like to sleep in. Today I was talking with someone that was at a service I missed this week. They said that Dori jumped in and ‘covered’ for the priest while they were doing something else. They said that Dori looks so comfortable and is so good at acolyting that she should consider the priesthood. I do not know that that is her calling but what a nice compliment.

Now I know that soon one son will rip the arm off the other’s R2D2 and the girls will argue over who should take the first shower and who will use all the hot water…. But right now I am basking in the glory of my aligned planets. Such a sweet moment in the life for me as a parent. And, yes Dad I know I am taking a huge risk in even mentioning it but some phenomena are so rare we can't help but stop and acknowledge it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment