Monday, February 1, 2010

My Birth Story

I am taking a class and this weeks assignment was to write a story about my birth. We also had to draw a family tree but I am not artistic or technological enough to put it on this blog... so I will just tell the story.....

When I was born... Mom didn't know much about kids. She was the youngest child in her family and I was the first of hers. I was born in our local hospital and when I was a couple days old, Mom and Dad drove me home where all my grandparents were waiting at Mom and Dad's house. Dad held the screen door while Mom proudly carried me into the house. As she did, she forgot that my head was hanging a bit over her arm and she whacked my head on the door frame. I still have the dent in my skull!

My Grandmother stayed at our house for a couple weeks to help my Mom. I was a summer baby and we spent lots of time outside enjoying the sunshine. One evening when I was only a couple weeks old, there was a chill in the air. Grandma asked my Dad to bring out a pair of socks because my feet felt cold. He brought out a pair of his socks. My Grandmother put them on me all the way up my legs to where my diaper started and there was still several inches dangling below my toes. She rolled them up and told my parents I had "Pixie shoes" She has called me Pixie ever since. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment