Thursday, May 17, 2012

4th Grade Presentations



Pepper and I took a day off work a while back to head to Dill’s school. He was doing his big 4th grade presentation and we did not want to miss it. He worked for weeks on his report about Walt Disney. He dressed up in a Mickey Mouse costume and looked adorable. He almost had his entire speech memorized (he gets that skill from Pepper!) but kept his notes near by just in case! I am always amazed at the parent and family support at my children’s school because we just do not get that amount of parent participation at the school that I work in.

At the end of the presentations the teacher told the students to go over and thank their families for coming. A little boy I didn’t know came right over to me and hugged me and said, “Thanks for coming!” then he whispered, “My Mom couldn’t come.” I immediately told him what a great job he did and how proud I was of him. He beamed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment