Sunday, August 16, 2009

Whatcha wanna do?


Our two oldest are trying to get organized enough to go see a scary movie (Orphan) and even with our help are struggling. It reminds me when I was a kid and my best friend Oskar and I could spend many lazy summer hours asking each other, "Whatcha wanna do?" and the other would answer, "I don't know.... whatcha wanna do?" It would drive my mother nuts to listen to us!!

Speaking of "Whatcha wanna do?".... we just heard from Dad B and Dad D. They have been in Pennsylvania with the three youngest kids for the weekend. There is no running water, no electricity and no real shelter.... besides their tent. Dad D is trying to get everyone packed so they can get started on the 7+ hour trip home and Dad B (NOT the outdoorsman of the family) sent a slightly whiny text saying all he wants is his bathtub!! I can relate... I'd be missing my flush toilet by this point of the weekend. (Pepper and I have gone on this trip in the past, but now that the kids are older we have enjoyed that it has become a Dad event... we hit the trips that include room service!!) We know what we DON'T wanna do!! :D

We have told none of our weekend warriors about Carmel yet. She is at home and doing better on her meds, but she does not feel well. It is obvious in her behavior. There is nothing the guys or the kids can do and we do want them to have fun... well as much as you can have without indoor plumbing...

No comments:

Post a Comment