Saturday, May 30, 2009

175 down....


5 to go!!! The school year is definitely winding down. I am fluctuating between being overwhelmed by how much I have left to do and feeling like the year is never going to end. Yesterday, my classroom aide wanted to start a conversation about how much she was going to miss me next year. She has been my "work wife" for three years and there have been a lot of days that were only tolerable because she was there. I cut her off and told her I did not want to talk about it. I knew that we both needed to stay focused and a conversation in that direction would only distract both of us. I've been thinking about it though.... I am going to miss her a lot too. It really is hard to keep relationships going if you don't put in a lot of work. We will remain friends but without our daily contact and being together in the same building.... the strength and comfort of it will fade.

Change is hard....

No comments:

Post a Comment