Friday, January 30, 2009

Dyslexic's untie!!

I am wondering why I decided to put myself through the "Biggest Loser" contest at school. I am not a fan of the show and I never win this type of thing anyway. I guess I sort of look at it as a donation... and a chance to join in with the in-crowd! The school nurse is in charge of the weigh in's for everyone and I now truly believe she is dyslexic. I have nothing against her or her stupid scale that reads down to the 10th of a pound. She is actually an excellent choice to do the weighing.... she is taking her role as weigh-in(er) very seriously and is no light weight herself, so I like her.... but her dyslexia will be an issue for me. 

I read the scale the first week as XX9.3# (please I am not really telling!!) She read it as XX3.9.... wouldn't matter except today when I weighed in it was XX4.5.... I am doing a little happy dance to myself in the clinic bathroom because I am thinking... "A loss, way to go!!" My mental dance was stopped short when the nurse said, "Cough up a dollar for the gain!"  "What?!!" I ask, indignantly. No, my math isn't great.... but come on!!! She shows me last weeks number, and sure enough she wrote down 3.9. I have been eating like a rabbit and exercising like it was going out of style and I GAINED 1/2 a pound!!!!! I am positive what the number said, but also believe that she was right to stand by her written chart, since she is in charge. So as I told Megamom today, I think I am headed down the right road to be the "Biggest Gainer!!"

Ok, so in my mind I lost 4.8# this week... but I'll try not to pout too much and I'll pay the damn dollar!!!! :) 

2 comments:

  1. You are not alone in the "what the pickles" department! I guess there were a couple of other "gainers" who thought they lost. So at least you know she is not out to get you! :) She really was excited to do the weighing, so what was I supposed to do? I wonder how many people are taking blood pressure medications due to her issues? LOL Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its taught me to watch more carefully! A good lesson, glad I learned it early in the game. :) I think it was very nice of her to take on the task... if I win, I'm gonna give her a dollar!! ;) LOL!!

    ReplyDelete