Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hump day

I'm not in a great mood tonight, so this will probably be short. It was a long day at work since I stayed at school until my meeting at church.... well, I zipped out of my building to join Megamom and Skip for a walk, then had to run over to the "Clothes Closet" to help Sal (short for "shops a lot") sort through clothes for families in our school district in need. It is amazing how many people donated clothing items over the holidays, so there were tons of bags to go through! 

My meeting at church started at 7... and gratefully was over by 8 or so. I called to check on the kids before it started. Dori said they had all been getting along... until I called. OK... I knew Pepper had ordered pizza and the TV show was selected by majority vote, all was well at home. The meeting was draining. Our church is suffering from declining pledges and increasing expenses. A universal problem but still frustrating. The discussions were lots about what we can't do, don't have funds to get or that we need volunteers for. Maybe it is hearing that there is no money at our church and also no money in our schools and then looking at our empty checking account that is frustrating me right now... but I could really use some rich friends/family.... or maybe just one lucky lottery ticket! 

After the meeting, the priest stopped me to talk about Macy. Macy is being difficult in youth group. Its not that I am surprised... Macy is our 'extra faith' child and can be difficult in many situations. I just did not want to deal with it tonight. I was tired and ready to go home. Priest B wants to meet to talk about how to make Macy's group time be more successful. Sure, I'll just add that to my to do list.... 

like I said, I'm grumpy. I'm going to go see what we have in the kitchen that is chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment